An Appraisal Of Advertisement Strategies Of GSM Company MTN
The study gives insight into the various advertising strategies used by GSM companies with special reference to MTN Nigeria. The strategies implemented by the MTN that is telecommunication market with the consequent grant of licenses to many GSM companies, competition to gain more of the market share has become a norm.
Each of the GSM companies strives to promote its services and product through advertising. Most of the promotional strategies revolved around capturing the business class and the younger generation who formed a major part of the target market. Celebrity endorsement, special season offers, festival discounts, and increase their market share.
The research is divided into five chapters, chapter one with the introduction, chapter two with the literature review, chapter with the research methodology, chapter four with the data presentation and the chapter five summarized and made various recommendations on how to improve advertising strategies by the GSM company (MTN) Nigeria.
Table Of Contents
- Title page
- Certification page
- Table of content
- 1.1 Background to the study
- 1.2 Statement of the problem
- 1.3 objectives of the study
- 1.4 Research questions
- 1.5 Significance of the study
- 1.6 Scope of the study
- 1.7 Limitations of the study
- 1.8 Definition of terms
- 2.0 Introduction
- 2.1 Theoretical framework
- 2.2 Conceptual review
- 2.3 Empirical review
- 3.0 Introduction
- 3.1 Research design
- 3.2 Method of data collection
- 3.3 population of the study
- 3.4 Sampling procedure
- 3.5 Sample size
- 3.6 Description of measuring instrument
- 3.7 Reliability of measuring instrument
- 3.8 Validity of measuring instrument
- 3.9 Method of data Analysis
- 4.0 Introduction
- 4.1 Data presentation
- 4.2 Data Analysis
- 4.3 Discussion of findings
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
- 5.0 Introduction
- 5.1 Summary
- 5.2 Conclusion
- 5.3 Recommendation
1.1 Background To The Study
Advertising is a form of communication used to encourage or persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners, sometimes a specific group of people) to continue or take some new action. Most commonly, the desired result is to drive consumer behaviour with respect to a commercial offering, although political and ideological advertising is also common.
The purpose of advertising may also be to reassure employees or shareholders that a company is viable or successful. Advertising messages are usually paid for by sponsors and viewed via various tradition anal media, including mass media such as newspaper, magazines, television commercial, radio advertisement, outdoor advertising or direct mail, or new media such as blogs and website and text messages. In this research, the purpose of the advertising strategies used by MTN Nigeria is to gain more of the market share in the GSM service competition and campaign in Nigeria.
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
For every business, there is competition by different group in such business to win a large amount of market share by getting more customers. The competition is aimed at enlarging and expanding the market target in the business. In telecommunication the competition is also felt. In Nigeria, there are many GSM companies namely, MTN, Airtel, Etisalat, Globacom and many others.
These telecommunication outfits compete with each in various ways, advertising inclusive to win more of the market share. It is in the light of these competitions and the quest to win a large share of the target market that advertising become a very big to promote the service rendered by MTN Nigeria so as to win large market share in the telecommunication market competition. In view of these, a good advertising strategies are needed to improve on their sales promotion and educate the masses on the product and services become the challenge MTN Nigeria has to overcome.
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
- To find out the advertising strategies used by the MTN Nigeria to sell their products and services.
- To know how these advertising strategies have impacted more or have increased their shares in the telecommunication sector.
- To ascertain how advertising help to expand business and products promotion.
- To find out the challenges MTN face in adopting the various advertising.
1.4 Research Questions
- What advert strategy is MTN Nigeria using to sell their products and services?.
- Have the advert strategies been effective in the increase in the telecommunication industry, MTN?
- How is advert helping to expand business and product promotion ?
- What are the challenges MTN is facing in adopting the various advert?
1.5 Significance Of The Study
The study on advertising strategies of GSM companies is a very interesting one.
The study will be significant in various ways;
- It will help the researcher and anybody who will have access to this research work to understand the effects of good advertising strategies in promoting business.
- The study will help to expose the challenges establishments face in accomplishing their advertising strategies.
- The study will also help to x-ray some of the advertising strategies used by MTN Nigeria to promote their product and services.
- Furthermore, the study will help to highlight the various reasons why advertising is necessary in any business organization.
1.6 Scope Of The Study
The study is on advertising strategies of GSM companies in Nigeria with special references to MTN Nigeria. The study seeks to look into the activities, programme and advertising strategies employed by the MTN Nigeria to gain a large market share in the telecommunication sector. The study did not by any means discuss topics other than advertising strategies.
1.7 Limitation Of The Study
In the course of the study, a lot of problems were encountered by the researcher which served as the limitation of the study.
These include, among others the short period of time within which the research work was being conducted, insufficient finance to enable the sourcing of every information needed, unwillingness on the part of MTN officials to release some vital information that could effectively aid the study on ground that they are confidential.
All these hampered availability of certain information that would help the researcher in the course of the research work.
1.8 Definition Of Terms
Is a form of communication used to encourage or persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners, sometimes a specific group of people), to continue or take some new action.
Is an electronic device often used as a medium of mass communication to reach out to its listeners/audience.
Is a qualitative improvement in the overall standard of living of the people.
A plan designed to achieve a long term aim.
Mobile Telecommunication Network.
Summary Of Findings, Conclusion And Recommendations
This study examined adverting strategies of GSM Company MTN Nigeria. The study x-rayed the various advertising strategies adopted by MTN Nigeria, the impact of such advertising strategies, its challenges and more. From the study, it was found out that the advertising strategies and medium used by MTN Nigeria includes;
- The use of television advertising
- Radio advertising
- Billboards advertising
- Celebrity advertising
- Posters and flyers advertising etc.
The study also show that the application of these advertising strategies has led to the success and greater market share the telecommunication outfit enjoy today. It was also found out the advertising strategies used compliments the level of patronage of the products and services of the establishment.
Advertising is a form of communication used to encourage or persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners, sometimes a specific group of people), to continue or take some new action. Advertising is very important in the promotion of any business, idea or programmers, advertising will help to get the attention of the target customer or audience, it will also foster. Awareness of an existing product and service. Advertising messages are usually paid for by sponsors and viewed via various traditional media; including mass media such as newspaper, magazines, television commercial, radio advertisement, outdoor advertising or direct mail; or new media such as blogs and websites and text messages. This is why this research used by MTN Nigeria is to gain more of the market share in the GSM service competition and campaign in Nigeria.
Having seen the importance of good and effective advertising strategies in the promotion of GSM service in Nigeria, we hereby recommend that;
- GSM companies should be sensitive to the advertising strategy that has the highest effect impact and improve on it’s so as to continue expanding their market share.
- There should be a periodic assessment of the strategy to ensure its efficacy and level of impact.
- MTN should also be sensitive to know the people that constitute the greater share of their target market (customers) and use the advertising strategy that will appeal to them so as to win their patronage.
- Advertising strategies should be one that consists different percentage of their market share.
- There posters and flyers advertising extended to most remote areas. By so during, more development will be created and as such increase the level of patronage they get.
How To Get The Complete Material For An Appraisal Of Advertisement Strategies Of GSM Company MTN
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
|Acc No: 8143831497|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- An Appraisal Of Advertisement Strategies Of GSM Company MTN
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply