Accountability And Corruption In Public Organization (A Case Study Of Isiala Mbao L.G.A Of Imo State)
The issue of corruption and accountability has been a major bone of contention in Nigeria local government council and the citizenry at large. The need for financial products, fidelity and accountability in our local government council can never be over-estimated.
However, form the basis of this research work, the project is presented in five chapters, most of the chapters consists of x-rayed findings, chapter five laid emphasis in the whole work, make recommendations and conclusions and finally draw conclusion.
Table Of Contents
- Title Page
- Approval Page
- Table Of Contents
- 1.1 Background Of Study
- 1.2 Statement Of Problem
- 1.3 Objectives Of Study
- 1.4 Significance Of Study
- 1.5 Scope Of The Study
- 1.6 Limitation Of Study
- 1.7 Definition Of Terms
2.0 Literature Review
- 2.1 References
3.0 Research Design And Methodology
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Research Design
- 3.3 Sources/ Method Of Data Collection
- 3.4 Population And Sample Size
- 3.5 Sample Techniques
- 3.6 Methods Of Data Analysis
4.0 Presentation And Analysis Of Data
- 4.1 Presentation Of Data
- 4.2 Analysis Of Data
- 4.3 Interpretation Of Results
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendations
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Summary Of Findings
- 5.3 Conclusion
- 5.4 Recommendations
1.1 Background Of The Study
According to Ndoh and Emezi (1997): our local government originated form indirect rule system introduced by the British colonial government. I t was carried out in the north through the recognized National authority which has the paramount rule of the naïve authority.
Between 1960modernized local government were introduced in place of indirect rule system, though adoption of many laws. This allowed democratic local civil system. However, there was a general nationwide local government reform which Maxwell a turning point in the history and Pattern of local govern throughout the country. The aims and objectives of the reforms as outlined in the guidelines for local governments reform were as follows
- To make approximate services and development activities responsible to the local wishes and initiatives by developing them to local representative bodies.
- To facilitate the exercise of democratic self governance close to the local level of our society and to encourage uncreative and leadership.
- To provide a two way channel of communicative between local communities and government both federal and state.
1.2 Statement Of Problem
Local government as we know was created with the primary aim of bringing government closer to the people as well as mobilizing and encouraging grassroots development and participation. Based on the above frantic efforts has been made by government of local government yet there are problems that is why Ozor (2005:55) opined that the mismanagement of local government funds sometimes with the knowledge government functionaries have been retiring in various tribunals of enquiry throughout the country.”
- What are the causes effects and ramification if corruption and ensure proper accountability in local government council?
- How can government eradicate or lesson corruption and ensure accountability in the government council
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
With reference to the above problem, the study is specifically centered at the following:
- To examine the nature and purpose of the 1970 reform which has national form of nature.
- To examine the significance of accountability in the local government council.
- To critically examine some of the corrupt5 practices, factors that necessitate them, their effects and possible way towards the enhancement of national development.
- To make recommendations that would help to ensure proficiency and accountability as well as reducing corruption in local government council.
1.4 Significance Of Study
Local government has the primary function of implementation of the wishes, programmes, policies, objectives. Ideas and aspirations of the national government in the local level. Okoli (2000:6). The rural people expect employment of youth form government in other to ameliorate rural-urban migration. Politicians should bear in mind that the quality of leadership in the determinant of rural development level. The management of local government should not betray the transit reposed on the m. They should say no to corruption.
Finally this study will be of immense help to checkmate the problem of lack of accountability and correspond in local government systems.
1.5 Scope Of The Study
This research work is limited to isiala Mbano local government, due to how large it will be to include other local government that is why isiala mbano local government is chosen as to scope of the study.
1.6 Limitation Of The Study
Most problems of research are lack of funds made nearly that entire research work and cost of materials and transportation to left nothing to write home about. The time frame for the research was another problem that the researcher encountered, However, despite the problems short listed above, the researchers defined all these constraints in other to produce a research with findings which is presented and useful to the development of our society.
1.7 Definition Of Terms
According to oxford advanced learners Dictionary
Means responsible for our decisions or sections and expected to explain than when required of.
This is proposals for greater police accountability.
Mean dishonest or illegal behavior especially of people in authority.
Connected with ordinary people in society general.
A group of people who form a business club, etc together in order to achieve a particular aim.
5.0 Summary, Conclusion And Recommendations
These chapter laid emphasis in the whole work make recommendations and conclusions and finally draw a conclusion.
5.2 Summary Of Findings
The study should that despite the mechanism installed in the local government to ensure sound financial management the rate of corruption, is going at a geometric progression.
A look at the corruption in the local government council reveals that poor internal control system is a major problem in local government administration. There is lack of effective check and balances within the system.
There is also a lot of provisions in the operational guidelines for local government that should promote health financial transaction in the local government. However, the study tried to establish the fact that accountability is indispensable for good governance.
The greater the quality of accountability in governance and vices versa, he greater the level of corruption in a policy and vice versa.
I will like to conclude this protect by reminding the biblical injunctions, now all has been heard, here is the conclusion of the mater. Fear God keep his commandment, for this is the whole duty of many for God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing whether it is good or evil (Ecc 12-13 -14).
I will also lay credence what saint Paul said in Rom. 14:12 which say “So then each of us still give an account of himself to God finally with this two biblical quotes will be put to work, our local government and public organization will see a new resolution.
As we observed from the beginning in this project, local government is a vehicle viable institute for rural transformation, it can be actualize if the below recommendation are strictly adhere to.
- The need to sanitize the bureaucracy to allow for proximity, honesty and accountability in the local government system.
- There should be appropriate sanction and consummate punishment to any detailer no matter his position.
- The principle of rule of law that posits the equality of individuals and supremacy of law should be put to work.
- Ozor (220:195) argued that the most disturbing problem is that provision of the financial memorandum do not contain in built serious section who violate them.
- The internal control should be stiffened. There should be independent of an auditor so that they would discharge their duties without fear, favour and intimidations.
How To Get The Complete Material For Accountability And Corruption In Public Organization (A Case Study Of Isiala Mbao L.G.A Of Imo State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent to You in Just 2 Steps
Quick & Simple…
Make Payment (Through Transfer) of ₦3,000 to Any of the Account Below
|Acc No: 0811003731|
|Acc No: 1225513212|
Or CLICK HERE To Pay With Debit Card
|FOR CLIENTS OUTSIDE NIGERIA|
|CLICK HERE To Purchase Material ($15)|
|FOR GHANIAN CLIENTS|
|Make Payment of 80 GHS to 0553978005 | Douglas Osabutey | MTN MoMo|
Send the Following Details on WhatsApp ( 08143831497) After Payment
- Payment Details
- Email Address
- Accountability And Corruption In Public Organization (A Case Study Of Isiala Mbao L.G.A Of Imo State)
The Complete Material Will Be Sent To Your Email Address After Receiving Your Details
T & C Apply